Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Sunday, December 13, 2015

...That Was a Long Week!

December 9, 2015

So I'll start out with the bigger news. We had 3 baptisms this week! Our zone had 12 all together on the same day! Now the sad news… We only had 2 confirmations as one of our newly baptized decided to smoke right after his baptism... WHOOPS!  Sister Victoria was finally baptized and confirmed! She had been worked on since June! I know her very well and am glad that she is now a member. She was crying at her baptism saying "I will finally be saved!" I know this to be true that baptism into the Church of Jesus Christ is the pathway to salvation! 

(Our baptisms this week.)

I went on splits 3 times... TBH I like to see other missionaries but if I am not in my own area I am missing out on a lot. Three times on one week is a lot cuz a lot happens in 1 week! 

So Ernesto still isn’t doing well. To be honest, he has most likely given up on life now. He isn’t moving and is stuck in a stupor of thought. I have been told that he has stopped eating as well. It truly hurts my heart to see these things happen, but I know that once I've done all that I can it is in the Lords hands now. 

I’ve got a new little friend. Her name is Metheane and she is 8 years old. I don’t know if she likes me cuz I'm nice or an American. Either way, she is my new little buddy! I have learned in these past 6 months that I am really good with little kids. I suppose it is because I give them attention when no one else does. 

We went to a rich person’s house for a birthday dinner. They had a Lenchon Baboy (rotisserie pig). This thing looked so disgusting! It was all shredded up in the end and was a big mess of carcass! These things cost 10000 pesos gihapon! I get 2000 to live off of for a week (about $50.) This thing, for one meal, cost as much as I get in a month and a half to live off of, pay bills, etc! It wasn’t the best tasting thing ever... nevertheless I m still a happy camper! 

I will most likely be transferred out of Toboso next Tuesday (few days before my Christmas party:( ). I am trying my best here and I love it! 

Everything is going great and I wish the best for you all back at home or on missions!    

(Here’s another picture of where I currently live.  This was before the new haircut. I got a hair cut that is a military style. I’m practically bald! FREAK!  And I didn’t mean for it to be short like that. By the way, I don’t have any pics of it like that.)


-Elder Morris


No comments:

Post a Comment