Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Sunday, April 24, 2016

End of the Transfer

April 20, 2016

So last night we received our transfer calls! OOH exciting isn't it? So my companionship won’t change this transfer but Elder Beretara in going to be the new district leader here in our district. Nothing better than adding to ones responsibilities haha! Also one of my kabalay (like house mate) got transferred to San Carlos and so my new kabalay is... pause for effect... Elder Gali! My MTC companion! I haven't seen him in 8 months! (Pretty much my entire mission minus the MTC). I'm excited to see him again and also for my companion to have this responsibility. It should help him out as well as teach us all - haha!

Last Friday night we woke to one of the most... gah I can’t even say the words... well any way apparently Elder B. left the water running in the bathroom when we all went to sleep and we woke at 3 a.m. to our ENTIRE HOUSE FLOODED! All our beds were dripping water! (cuz we sleep on the floor.) I woke up the next night at 2 a.m. and the water was left on AGAIN!!!!!! PASTILAN! This time, though, the house wasn't flooded:) just wasted water...

We didn’t get our support until after P-day last week so I used my personal moneys to buy food that later just became kabalay food (food for all...). Well I am cooking a ton now and am getting really good a cooking Filipino food. I have this one recipe that I will have to email you guys next week and it is really good! Everyone loves it:).

We have several investigators here that are progressing rather quite well too:) We have a sister Febie and brother Wing. They are live in partners who are close to being married and once they are married they will be baptized like right after; probably in June. We also have this brother Billy John. He was a referral to us three weeks ago and he is... pastilan he'll most likely be baptized this transfer! I am so excited for him too! Like most people here, his life is tough. Orphaned as a child, he and his brother were taken in by the immediate family. He is progressing quite well:).

Work here is still work and all. Nothing majorly new. This past transfer was by far my fastest too. It's as if not a whole lot happened cuz it was so fast! Maayo.

I wish the best for you all back at home. Keep doing good too.
Love ya'lls!

--

-Elder Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment