Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Still Hangin In! Buhi Ko!

April 13, 2016

So this week was full of meetings! AS IN! Monday we had our district meeting, Tuesday we had a full day to work! Wednesday was P-day, Thursday we had a ZTM meeting, Friday we had Zone Interviews with the president, Saturday and Sunday we had General Conference:), and Monday we had a District meeting. Pastilan! The only days in which we had a full 8 hour day were these past two Tuesdays! And both days we had splits (in which we would split companionship's with our leader companionship's) so I wasn’t even with my tinuod (true) companion.

This past 7 days has been a huge learning time for me (tungod kadtong mga meeting [because of the meetings]). I am very uplifted(?).... kwan I’m not sure the word I really want to use. Either way it was a great week! Now... we did have a week of almost no teaching and working... We had 14 lessons and 46 FTEs... that is really BAD! Mission standards are 30 Lessons and 100 FTEs. We didn’t even get half! Sad thing is it isn’t because of our meetings. E.B had LBM and wasn’t feeling so well this week….a lot of sick days.

What the Spirit told me last transfer, "the next assignment would be my hardest of the mission", is proving itself more true every single day. Let me give the advice to all those out there who come upon this email that was taught to me this past week (or more like reiterated) -- God loves you. He knows you individually. Even if you don't want to accept Him, He still loves you. He is there.

I like to envision my own personal dissension from heaven to this earth. Heavenly Father hugging me real tight as we part for this time being. Me being scared if I will make the choices and chose His path for me and return to Him. Oh the fear that must have been with me, with each of us as we said goodbye for the time being. We knew and we all accepted that we would have to walk be faith and NOT by sight. Did we ever fear not having faith and thus being blind? I am not so sure about what happened up there before I came here but I do know that the path that our Lord Jesus Christ has revealed to us all and that we HAVE is the path we were told about in premortality. We have this path here in front of us. Why is it so hard to follow it? The Gospel we have is very simple. VERY simple. The reward is very high too, so this brings us to the advice given. We all accepted what we will face here in this life even before we came here. We have been blessed with the path to our salvation given to us. Why do we not follow it? Do we not know that not following this path brings pain? Understand what we signed up for and what is at stake. If you can truly understand what we have coming to us than NO ONE would ever fight against the higher law. Know this: being in the service of your God and King is the greatest thing ever given to us. As we do what He asks He is BOUND to bless us. D&C 82:10- I the Lord am bound when ye do what I say, but when you do not what I say don’t expect any blessings! (italics and rewording added.) Never give up. If your faith is diminishing then get on a path and slowly increase it. You are not to feel like you have to make a huge leap in faith going from little (or none) to a huge testimony. Start small and grow. Start with this: You have a Father in Heaven and He loves you more than you can comprehend! I promise that He will bless you as you strive to do your best. You are not expected perfectness. All that is expected is your best!

So this morning I finished the Book of Mormon for the 3rd time in my mission. Pastilan! My new thing to do is think about these individuals and what they were going through when they wrote the book. I'll send an email next week with a more detailed explanation of what I mean. Just know that I do testify that the Book of Mormon is the word of God for our time and age. It is a sad ending, a lot of people suffered just to serve the God they love and in return God did bless them with what was promised. I do encourage anyone and everyone to read that book and never stop. If you do question anything, ask me. I will answer any question given me because that is the ministry I am called to; to help anyone and everyone to understand the love God really does have for you.

My favorite part from last Conference in Sunday session: "Prone to wander, Lord I feel it. Prone to leave the God I love. Here's my heart, oh take and seal it! Seal it for thy courts above!" We are all subject to wander and stray from our God and King. Recognize when you do and get back in line. To be honest, I'm tired of seeing those I love reject our Savior and chose pain instead. It hurts my heart. He has healed my depressed and breaking heart. I know He will do the same for you. Just come unto Him! read Alma 38:5 (my favorite scripture) and take out the name "Shiblon" and input your name. It will teach you a truth that needs to be understood in our days.

Know that I love you all out there! If I have anything you need, any help, just send me an email. I will respond to you with all the authority given me of our master Jesus Christ. I know what is waiting for you and me in time to come. If you do not know then I'd be glad to help you know.

Amping!

-Elder Morris


Oh wait… I forgot to tell you that we went to a zoo. I saw alligators and cool birds and a Tarsier. Look them up! They are this cool little monkey thing ikatandi sa Ai-ai. They are so small that they fit into your palm! They have these huge bug eyes too!  A pic is attached.







No comments:

Post a Comment