Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Halfway Through This Transfer

August 2, 2106

This week has been a bit slower in the terms of finding and teaching. Sometimes it just becomes hard to teach each day because people just won’t accept you but alas you keep trying.

This morning I read the prophesy of Samuel the Lamanite. What he does is rather quite interesting. He teaches in the city of Zarahemla and is rejected so what does he do to get the people to hear his voice? In Helaman 14:11 he states, "And ye shall hear my words, for, for this intent have I come up upon the walls of this city, that ye might hear and know of the judgments of God which do await you...." He shouts the message to all the nonbelievers! He goes to extreme lengths to do as the Lord commands him to do.Sometimes in the mission that is all you can do! Instead of asking to teach them a lesson you just have to go in and share it dayon! Give everyone a reason to why you believe what you do. The thought always reoccurs to me as a missionary DL. In my past 3 workshops the thought is always said that "If these people don't accept this message they are NOT going to the kingdom of God." They don’t go to heaven, it’s as simple as that. Every person that rejects this message doesn't receive salvation in the kingdom of the Father, a complete and total happiness. It kind of motivates us to do a bit more, try a bit harder.

Any-who, a few interesting things happened this week. I found a new starfish and I baked him in our toaster so that he will be preserved and not stink haha. I found like 4 big spiders that I brought home with me. They died (whether intentional or unintentional I will leave that unanswered ;)). I will glue them on paper so that I can keep them because they are REALLY COOL!! Like these spiders look awesome! Also had some fun hair fights last week. I will teach you all about them when I get home :).

A main big thing that is on my mind is lately I've been reading the general conference talks from last General Conference. The messages from our prophets and apostles are really helpful! How often do we just read the book scriptures and say "Oh a prophet helps us in our time" but don’t read the words of our living prophets? Ask yourselves if you remember what the prophet of the Lord spoke of last April? If you remember, great! If not, he talked about choices.

I've also been inspired by Deiter F. Uchtdorfs talk "He Will Place You on His Shoulders and Carry You Home". "If man can take the ruins, rubble, and remains of a broken city and rebuild an awe-inspiring structure that rises towards the heavens, how much more capable is our Almighty Father to restore His children who have fallen, struggled, or become lost?"  And Elder Holland’s talk "Tomorrow the Lord Will Do Wonders Among You". "Only the adversary, the enemy of us all, would try to convince us that the ideals outlined in general conference are depressing and unrealistic, that people don’t really improve, that no one really progresses. And why does Lucifer give that speech? Because he knows he can’t improve, he can’t progress, that worlds without end he will never have a bright tomorrow. He is a miserable man bound by eternal limitations, and he wants you to be miserable too. Well, don’t fall for that. With the gift of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the strength of heaven to help us, we can improve, and the great thing about the gospel is we get credit for trying, even if we don’t always succeed." And lastly, Elder Oaks' talk "Opposition in All Things". "Some of you may at times have cried out in your suffering, wondering why our Heavenly Father would allow you to go through whatever trials you are facing. …Our mortal life, however, was never meant to be easy or consistently pleasant. Our Heavenly Father … knows that we learn and grow and become refined through hard challenges, heartbreaking sorrows, and difficult choices. Each one of us experiences dark days when our loved ones pass away, painful times when our health is lost, feelings of being forsaken when those we love seem to have abandoned us. These and other trials present us with the real test of our ability to endure.”

Sometimes we forget the wisdom of the Lords holy anointed. What they share is scripture. We need to study it to grow in our testimonies of the restored Gospel. Knowing the truth of our leaders is a very important thing to know when finding out if our church really is true or not and I know that it is true.

If anyone needs help confirming their testimony take this advice -  Elder Dallin H. Oaks talks about opposition so look for it. If you can prove that there is a devil, si Satan, then you can know that he has an opposite. The Lord lives. His name is Jesus Christ and He loves each and every one of us. Sometimes we are too lost in trying to prove the divinity of a God that we end up helping prove the divinity of the adversary and don't even see it.

I hope that in this last 10 months that I have left that I can become a true man of God, someone who doesn't fall when the trials come. I also hope to return and see my friends and family stronger in their faith.

I hope you all are doing great! I love you all back at home! See you in 10!

I HAVE SPOKEN!

-Elder Morris


No comments:

Post a Comment