Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Thursday, October 29, 2015

One more week in this transfer...

October 28, 2015

The end is nearing; my training is almost complete and soon I will receive a new companion and or a new area. As far as this week went...well it went!

Last Wednesday, we had a zone activity where we had a "Bottle Fight" (totally not how it is spelled) where you get a bunch of banana leaves, dump all your food on them and it is like a free for all buffet. All 30 of us went in this mass of food with our hands and destroyed it!

We have had splits about half the days this past week as we are trying to cover more ground! The great thing about a Philippines mission is there is always someone to teach (and we have a lot of those "somebodies"). My split yesterday wasn't the best day of my work haha. We got punted by 5 families (caught 3 of them right as they were walking out the door!) Taught only 3 lessons and got only 2 FTEs...so not a great day but the night made up for all the effort! We had FHE at the Stake Presidents house (who lives right behind my house much like in my home ward). We had another "Bottle Fight" (boodle fie...something like that) and played some interesting games that I am taking home to America with me.

Went to San Carlos (a big city because it has a mall!) for zone interviews. We left at 6 A.M and got home at 8:30 P.M. San Carlos is only an hour away but we had to wait a long time for our time with the president. We worked in San Carlos for the day. It was kind of exciting working in the city but alas I like my humble fishing town of Toboso:). Brother Ernesto's IBD is coming up here in 3 weeks as well as sister Victorias and I hope I stay here one more transfer so that I can see them get baptized! And if Gabriel is ready he too will join the Church of Jesus Christ on the 14th! Exciting things are happening and I am happy here!

One thing that I have learned here on the mission is just about how much a missionary really needs to rely on the Savior and... just how lonely one can be. You get sent to a foreign land, don't speak the language, get a new companion every 6-12 weeks, your leaders have a lot to worry about and the president has 180-200 missionaries to over see...you really come to learn that if you aren't feeling so great that you have to turn to Christ. I can see why this is so important because it is a lot of "you and Him" time. You get to learn just how much He cares for you when you see that He is there for you EVERY time that you need help. I am very thankful for our Savior and that He is there for all of us!

Other than that I am doing quite well! I can lead the area quite well and understand the people a lot more! I can converse with the locals and they understand me! I have been told that my Cebuano is much like slang haha but all is well!

I am excited for what the future has in store. I am scared though that my mission will fly by fast! It has already been 4 months and I got 20 left.... In the MTC we sang the song "To bring the world His truth". The lyrics normally go "We are as the army of Helaman, we have been taught in our youth. And we will be the Lords missionaries to bring the world His truth." We sang a slightly different version. "We are as the army of Helaman, we have been taught in our youth. And we are now the Lords missionaries to bring the world His truth."  I only have 20 more months left to do what I have never ceased to think about desire. I am now the Lord’s missionary and at times it feels like I haven't quite realized it yet. These next months are going to go by very fast and I am truly going to miss this great experience. I truly love my mission and I love the people so much! Filipinos aren’t like Americans haha, They don't have the American sass. They are a great and wonderful people!

All is well and I wish the best for you all back at home or on missions!

Amping mo!
-Elder Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment