Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

P-Day Again!!

November 18, 2015

This was a very long week... they all are - haha! Started out with getting a nice care package from home last Thursday! It contained a lot of toys to give out to the kids here and a few small things for me ;) (like a first edition BOM and a new tie clip!). We had two baptisms on Saturday! I baptized kang Brother Gabriel ug kang Brother Ernesto! These guys show what a true investigator is like! Gabriel walks several kilometers to get to church each Sunday, totaling 3 hours of walking one way. And Ernesto changed from a diehard Catholic to someone who truly sees the light of Christ! I was super happy!

 (Baptism day!! Me, Gabriel, Ernesto, and Elder Germaine.)

Brother Gabriel showed up 1 1/2 hours late to his baptism and I just about died when he didn’t show up but alas he did! I got to confirm Ernesto a member the following Sunday (I had to say the prayer twice cuz I suck) and another person confirmed Gabriel (cuz I suck at giving prayers in Cebuano). I was also asked to give a talk 5 minutes before church started.... that went well. Ernesto went up to the pulpit halfway through sacrament meeting and just started bearing his testimony. It honestly was kind of funny, but his testimony was good!

We have a bunch of "Tokos" living in the jungle and the houses. A Toko is a big lizard that sounds weird. Well we have one in our house named Mikey Gecko and we came home one day to find him on our wall just chillin’. I've lived here for about 4 months and this is the first time I have seen Mikey Gecko. So what did four 19-22 year old boys do? Shempre! We caught it! He was MAD! I got a video of him in our basket – haha he is funny! We ended up letting him go because, let’s face it, life wouldn't be the same without his annoying mating calls at 2 in the morning! Plus he is endangered.

(Mikey Gecko!)

A mouse caused Elder Germaine to squeal like a frightened little girl :D. That was funny cuz he is 6'3",  240 lbs and a high pitched noise came out.

The crazy lady came back again! I told Elder about her and he wanted to meet her. We were eating barbeque one night and just like that she popped up behind Elder Germaine and in mid sentence I said "Do you remember that crazy lady I told you about?" He was like "Uh oh!".  I said "She's standing right behind you!" She chased us! I got to run again – haha!

Other than that, all is quiet on the western front. We have 3 baptisms coming up on the 5th of December which I am excited for! So far, I have had 5 baptisms since I've been here and am looking at having 9 before I leave to a new area on Dec 17th! Things are good!

I still love my little fishing town of Toboso and the people are great! The youth on the other hand are being too casual with the missionary which frankly needs to stop. We have a missionary leaving tomorrow for his mission in San Paulo Philippines so that is good! Toboso is sending their own into the mission field!

All is well here! I wish the best for you all back at home!    

-Elder Morris


No comments:

Post a Comment