Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Five Months Down!

November 25, 2015

Yesterday, the 24th, marked 5 months of my mission. To be honest, it doesn’t feel like 5 months! It feels like a few weeks. This week has been a long one in many ways. We smashed it this week with 41 lessons and 150 FTEs. (Standards are 25 lessons and 100 FTEs). I finished reading the Doctrine and Covenants this morning. I started about the beginning of this transfer so it only took 3 weeks. There is a lot of deep doctrine in there!

We have a "crazy", homeless friend by the name of Mando. We fed him BBQ the other night and he is now our friend:) He always gives us this weird look and smile. He tells us how people fed him human feces and all these disgusting stories. Well yesterday we learned a little more about our friend Mando. He has a child and the wife is...get this...his first cousin! He also hooked up with his sister once.... He is the funniest homeless person I've met here and he is very...out of it. Well yesterday morning he got arrested. He was drunk in the market and people called the fuzz on him. Poor Mando!

Last Sunday I had the chance to confer the Aaronic Priesthood on Ernesto.  Elder Germain did it for Gabriel. It was great and a good experience! I have done many priesthood ordinances since I've been here. I also hear that we can curse people instead of bless them 0-0! Cool stuff.

So today we get the great chance to have Thanksgiving here! We have ordered a grilled chicken, have potatoes (those are expensive here!), and very simple other things. It shall all be well W-.-W. I wish the best for you all back at home and hope that you guys are having a great holiday week!

We have three baptism interviews this Saturday that I am excited for! I know that I am not supposed to brag about numbers (or even count my chickens before they hatch) but if all goes well I should be looking at having 8-9 baptisms by the end of my time here in Toboso! Unless of course I stay another transfer! (Then more! W-.-W) This area is very fruitful and I cannot wait to see what else happens!

All is well on the Pacific front and I wish the best for you all back at home! Amping moha!  


(On the beach. Ang bay-bay sa Tigbau.)

(Elder Germaine ate a blue gumball!)

-Elder Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment