Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Longest Week

May 18, 2016

So I would like to start this off by saying that this has been the longest week of my mission. There is very little on my mind other than the big news which TBH I’ll probably just share with you all what happened. 

Last Saturday morning, an interesting thing happened. My companion snapped after 10/12 weeks together. I remember saying that I received a bit of inside knowledge from the Lord that this assignment would be my hardest. Well it ended last Monday with an Emergency Transfer. 

After telling my companion to not drink my milk he cornered me in the kitchen and started to throw punches. After being clocked in the head and chest several times and him shouting "I want to go home!" over and over he finally backed away. 

I ran outside to our neighbors to get their phone (because ours was lost only a week earlier) and I straightway called the mission president. I got chastised and told "both of you pack your bags and I'll see you in my office; we will discuss going home then." With that in mind I went in to talk to my companion who had locked himself in a room. Apologies were given and hug as well. Our ZLs and APs came over dayon and we packed a suitcase for 5 days and went to the president’s office. I had an interview in which I was told that I actually did the right thing and that we would be emergency transferred. I then spent the whole rest of the weekend with a ZL on splits in his area and on Monday, my companion went to the other island and I stayed in Pardo where I got a new comp si Elder Jayme. Elder Jayme is a stake missionary who will only be wearing the badge for the remaining 2 weeks until transfers. The work has been really good in the past few days! 

Pastilan… The real problem wasn’t because I told him not to eat my stuff without asking; there are some things back at home that are really upsetting him and I just happened to be right there. I really hope that he can endure these last few months until he goes home in December. 

This morning was actually spent in Lahug at the Cebu Temple. We got to do a session. YAY! It was really peaceful and kind of a short break from things - haha. Also this morning, well let’s just start with last night. Last night I remember praying that we can have water. We haven’t had water in a few days...I haven't showered in a few days... Well the Lord gave us water in the morning! It’s just that this water came at 2:50 in the morning. I woke up to some drizzling from the sink and spent the next 1 1/2 hours filling up water in anything and everything that can hold water! Got back to bed around 4:30 and am very tired. We got a new phone today! Also with brother Billy John. His baptism is pushed back to the 28th so in two Saturdays! 

With the painful past 10 weeks ending in an even more painful last day I can honestly say that I really do love my mission. You know that you are truly dedicated to the Lord and to helping others when you don't even put up a defense to defend as well as worrying about the others and what’s happening to them. Had I retaliated in any way I wouldn't be emailing you this, I would be saying it to you in person. As I recalled this whole past assignment I can definitely see the growth in maturity I've come to. It is interesting how these things happen isn't it? I am excited for these next few weeks because it is truly me and the Lord leading this area; it’s like some one on one bonding time day ba? 

Sorry for emailing late, I hope you are all doing good back at home! Don't worry about me, I'm still alive! Love you all! Amping moha! 
 -Elder Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment