Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Sunday, October 23, 2016

And Transfers!

October 5, 2016

My sister batch is in their LAST TRANSFER!!! HOLY FAST!!!! I got my transfer call last night and this is the 2nd time in the past year and a half that nothing will be changing for me. It looks like I will be finishing Elder Fernandez's training (he is doing great BTW) and I will be doing 6 months on Siquijor Island (1/4 sa akong mission!). I really need to emphasize just how rare it is to be here and for as long as I will be here!

Last week was long haha! We have been averaging about 16-20 lessons every week since I’ve been on this island but last week we had 31 lessons! A huge amount of teaching haha! We have really been cracking down on about 4 people. We have a sister, Mae Sasi, which should be up for baptism on Nov.5! She came to church a second time with Juvy and his wife Jesselle. And if all is well the three of them could be good for the 5th. Another investigator, si Allyssa, is doing great! It is difficult getting her to church but other than that she is doing great!  We really need your prayers with these gators! Getting answers to their prayers is what is needed!

We have had some fun these past few days. It has been a huge fiesta here on Siquijor. Lechon baboy everywhere! That’s rotisserie pig btw. We had 3 houses we went to that just fed us dayon!! I felt fat after that!  

At one of the houses… oh man I just need to share this story! I felt a little molested by a drunk gay dude... We were walking up a huge hill (about a 2 hour walk) and we heard "Hey... MORMONS!" We looked up to this huge house and like 10 people were yelling at us "Hey come eat!!" Normally we don't but I looked at Elder Fernandez and said "Sigi, kaon ta! Alright, let’s eat!" We went up and apparently they just finished a birthday party but they brought ALL the food back out and fed us! I had never met them before and I didn’t even know their names but we feasted W-.-W. Well while we ate there was this 40 year old gay dude, a bayut as they are called here. (Lesbians are called Tomboys btw). Well he comes up behind me and puts his arms on my shoulders and shrieks cuz I am soaked in sweat! He then tried to take my shirt OFF me!!! He undoes my tie like really fast and I am trying to decline and not insult these people who are feeding me. He then takes my handkerchief and starts touching it into the neck of my shirt... I wasn’t sure what to do cuz I didn't want to insult these people but anyway he then had to go and I said, “Salamat brother!”  And he said, "Dili ko si Brother, Sister ko! DING!" (I'm not brother, I’m a sister DING!) It was a bit awkward!

Everything else seems to be same old same old. I do see a lot of hardened hearts all around, not just on Siquijor but even back in America. Sad to say, but true.

We should be having a great next week. We leave Friday night for Dumaguetti and return Sunday night. We will lose a lot of work here though:/ Oh well, it shall be good.

I love you all back at home, Take care!

-Elder Morris 

No comments:

Post a Comment