Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Got Em!

May 17, 2017

This past week was a very successful week! Last Saturday I was finally able to baptize the Martinez family. Five people! Brother Tony passed his baptism interview last Monday night and is set for baptism this Saturday. If I really push things we will have 2 tatays ready for baptism the following week and then the wife and daughter of Tony wanted to be baptized with Tony as well on the following week. We then talked with a couple investigators, sister Leonessa and sister Vicinta, and if they come to church every Sunday for the next 3 weeks there is a chance that I could baptize them too on my last Saturday here! So there is a chance of baptizing a total of 12 people here in my last area! But you know how things usually work out so I am hoping for about 10 of those before I go home. By this Saturday I will have 6 here in this area! 

(The Martinez family at baptism.)

This past week was full of solid work. We found a couple walay klaro (not really clear) investigators. One of them is from my previous area and was taught by the sisters here. He told us all about how he was part of the drug cartel in my last area, had really bad family feuds to the point where they were killing each other. I took pictures of his really cool birds...

(The cool looking birds that I was holding.)

I feel like there should be more that I should say right now. I am all caught up on filling out my journal so I have much more there. I can’t seem to remember anything else! So yeah! I do hope that everyone is doing good back at home! It should be a fast last month full of great harvest and success! If I remember anything else I will let you know about it... if I remember haha! 

(The Cebu Temple from last MLC.)

-Elder Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment