Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Sunday, March 26, 2017

And Transfers!

March 22, 2017

When I was on Siquijor my trainer was the one who called me and gave me my new assignment. He shouted "I have a new apo!" meaning "I have a new grandson" (implying that I am now training). Well last night I got to call my trainee and shout to him "I HAVE A NEW APO!" I am finally a true lolo in the mission:') They grow up so fast!

My call was also in. Staying a zone leader; I will be shipped off tomorrow morning to San Carlos 2A. This is on the Negros Island and is right next to my first area! So this looks like my last area, making 6 in all: Toboso Negros. Argao Cebu, Pardo Cebu, Siquijor Siquijor, San Nicolas Cebu, and now San Carlos Negros. My new companion in Elder Eberhard (American). He follow-up trained my trainee. He went to Toboso when I left. He went to Siquijor when I left. This should be good :) He is my jr batch so he goes home in 4 1/2 months (I in 3) so I don’t doubt that we will only have one transfer together but basta, this shall be good:)

This past week had many fun things happen! In a lesson with EmEm Alidon a man came in looking for 2 members. He had a pistol and apparently was an assigned hitman looking to cap my two friends... I almost pulled an “LDS Missionary in Brazil” and almost took his gun before beating him! (Yes we heard the story!) Jokes, but no this guy was looking to kill this small family and when he learned they weren't there he took off.

I got to baptize a sister last Saturday:) Yeah it wasn't our area but it was our ward:) I always love baptizing.

Our investigators are doing well. We have a tatay Rico and Sister EmEm that are doing well and should be harvested by the end of April. And a few other small people here and there.We had a bet with the STLs last week to see who can get the most work done. The looser had to make a meal for the winners. Well last Monday morning I made my favorite sudan - Pininyahang Manok:) and we ate it in the hour before district meeting. We lost by 1 new investigator - 14/15. Either way, I left a bunch of potential progression.

A few other activities include going to the Amadala (think Star Wars). It is a coffee shop owned by the bishop here. It is Star Wars themed. I got this huge Chocolate shake thing.

All is good here. Just going to enjoy my last few months here and try to get as much work done as I can before the big time comes.

I love you all back at home!

-Elder Morris


No comments:

Post a Comment