Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Happy Birthday to Me... I Made it to Cebu!

Aug 12, 2015


(My first day in Cebu - with President and Sister McCurdy)

Today I am in Cebu! The place of my assignment and here I am! Oh there is SO much I wish to tell you about the Philippines so far! I have already gone out tracting in Quezon City. Talked to three peeps in the one hour that we were out. Kids were playing with spiders. Lots of people... Rice for every meal....

The Manila MTC is right across the street from the Manila temple! BEAUTIFUL but undergoing work so we didn't get to go inside:( Today in Cebu, as we were driving to the mission home, the president called and he and his wife sang happy birthday to me via the phone. When we got to the home we had KFC for lunch and everyone sang happy birthday to me:) We then walked right across the street to the Cebu Temple! The temple is in the same parking lot as the mission home! We did a session there and it was beautiful. It is small like the Draper temple but just as powerful in spirit. Tomorrow I will meet my trainer and we will go to our mission and begin the Lord's work. 

All is well here and I am loving it! I wish the best for you my family and thanks again for all that you do for me! Good luck in all that you do and tell Hannah, Nick, & Regan that I love them! Love you Mom and Dad!

-your 19 year old elder, Elder Morris 

No comments:

Post a Comment