Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Intro to Leadership

July 31, 2015
I went to the Provo temple this morning and had a great time. I've had a lot on my mind lately. Some in my district have made it difficult to be a DL – commenting how it is their agency if they choose not to follow rules, and how they want me to quit worrying about them and if they are upset or not and they called me a tattle tale cuz they thought I was ratting them out to the branch pres (which I wasn’t). It wasn’t fun, but alas I have gotten over it and things are good now. I am the DL for only 3 weeks here in the MTC. I am not sure if I will get a position of leadership while i am out but I do hope so.

(He wrote more about this situation in a letter mailed home. He was deeply hurt by reactions and words of some in his district. He said, "The interesting thing is that the prior night, I asked God for an opportunity to learn humility. Well I can say that my prayer was answered!" He also said, "I have learned now that everyone serves their own mission. If they don't want to follow the rules, then that isn't going to affect my mission. I am to serve the Lord, not myself. I am going to do what has been asked and nothing less. I dedicated these 24 months to the Lord when I submitted my papers.")

I am thankful for the package Erin sent; tell her how happy it made me too. I sent her and Donna a letter in response to the ones they sent me.

The letter I sent you last week was reviewed by my teacher so I know that the translation was a crappy Google thing. It pretty much stated that last November, I went through a tough trial due to the accusations of another individual. At this time my mother also lost her job. With her out of work I feel that this was the Lord's plan to help us grow closer and to help me learn this lesson. All ended well. I am thankful for my parents both for helping me through this issue and for the Savior Jesus Christ. I know that forgiveness is what he wants me to do in response to the situation I was in, and so I have forgiven the individual.  

I will be leaving for Manila on Thursday. I am going to try my best to call you when I am at the airport as well. I think my flight leaves around 11, so I will try to call before then. I hope all goes well for you guys at home! My prayers go out to you all and I hope that things will begin got look up for you all!

-Elder Morris


No comments:

Post a Comment